Zero O'clock by BTS and a sad teacher can relate.


Hi everyone.
So, BTS just released their new album Maps Of The Soul: 7 which I am now addicted the the songs in it. One of my favourite tracks is, Zero O'clock. 

You don't know on how I listen the song in the very mid-night and I listened to it without translations at first and I already fell for the melody. Second one, I listened to Zero O'clock with translation, there where I cried for I found it is very relatable with a life of a teacher (read: a breakable teacher a.k.a ME, MY SELF and I)

Let me tell you how it can be. But first, let's ready with our diving suit because we're going to dive in the lyrics deeply. Beware, there might be sharks so take care okay?

그런 날 있잖아
이유 없이 슬픈 날
몸은 무겁고
나 빼곤 모두 다 바쁘고 치열해 보이는 날
발걸음이 떨어지질 않아
벌써 늦은 것 같은데 말야
온 세상이 얄밉네

You know those days
Those days where you're sad for no reason
Those days where your body is heavy

And it looks like everyone else except you is busy and fierce
My feet won't set off, though it seems like I'm already too late

I'm hateful of the whole world 

Yeah 곳곳에 덜컥거리는 과속방지턱
맘은 구겨지고 말은 자꾸 없어져
도대체 왜 나 열심히 뛰었는데
Oh 내게 왜 eh eh yeah

Yeah, here and there are click-clacking speed bumps
My heart grows crumpled and my words lessen
Why the hell? I ran so hard

Oh why to me

I might sound sinful to have this thought, but really astaghfirullah, I do even think the same way. The thought of " why I am trying so hard for someone who does not even appreciate what I am doing?, why I am so willingly to face the bitterness of heratbreak for every single time they betray my sincereness to help them?, why I am so toughful with the pain they gave me everyday?, why I am here and still here since the first day we met?, why?". It's sound so ungrateful right/?, but trust me, that's just what in my mind questioning myself everytime I feel like break and hopeless with every failures and mistakes I made day by day. I am not good enough. I failed. I am too negative. I cannot do anything great. I am such pathetic bla bla bla.
 
집에 와 침대에 누워
생각해봐 내 잘못이었을까
어지러운 밤 문득 시곌 봐
곧 12시

Come home and lie in bed
Thinking if it was my fault?
Dizzy night, looking at the clock

Soon it will be midnight

I got this feeling alot and like almost everyday after going back from school. Everytime before sleep I will do some reflections on how was my day went and how I handled my day. Never in those nights I feel light and not guilty, I always sleep with blames and unsatisfied feeling for my students, for my efforts in teaching, in catching their attentions in my lesson and in understanding them, I am sorry :(


 But, not until...
 
뭔가 달라질까
그런 건 아닐 거야
그래도 이 하루가 끝나잖아
초침과 분침이 겹칠 때
세상은 아주 잠깐 숨을 참아
Zero o'clock
 
Will something be different?
It wont be something like that
But this day will be over
When the minute and secong hands overlap
The world holds its breath for a little while 

Zero o'clock 

For this verse is a relief, no matter how hard you're trying, you sacrificing, you do your best everyday BUT IF things wouldn't turn into something satisfiying and something to be proud of, please believe this, 

YOU STILL HAVE BRAND NEW DAY THAT WE CALLED TOMORROW. 

New day, new spirit, new you, new reflections, new efforts, new missions, new plans, call it anything you still can have the chance to improve!.

 
and you gonna be happy
(Ooh ooh) and you gonna be happy
막 내려앉은 저 눈처럼
숨을 쉬자 처음처럼
Like that snow that just settled down
Let's breathe, like the first time 

(Ooh ooh) and you gonna be happy
(Ooh ooh) and you gonna be happy
Turn this all around
모든 게 새로운 zero o'clock

Turn this all around

When everything is new, Zero o'clock


Let's tone down your blames on yourself, you're just human and so your students. It just needs times to explore more, to experiment more, to know more, to understand more, to dig down deep into your students' eyes more, to be a better teacher more and more better than you are now.

Chin up and let's be great, strong all together!
 
Sumber: LyricFind
Pencipta lagu: Hyo Won Kang / Nam Jun Kim / Jessie Lauryn Foutz / Antonina Armato
Lirik 00:00 (Zero O'Clock) © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Downtown Music Publishing 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diari Latihan Mengajar Zafirah: 1 SM & 2GTI 💓

Diari Latihan Mengajar Zafirah: Sarah, Kak Sira, Housemates, dan SEBUKTI !

Temuduga Pendidikan Islam UPSI Sesi 2015/2016 dan Kawan Baru :)

Level 3 of #ZafirahwithYouKM

29 and It's TMI Time!